The Social Security Number Verification Service (SSNVS) allows you to match the name and Social Security number of employees you hire with Social Security’s records. Go to http://www.socialsecurity.gov/bso/bsowelcome.htm to use SSNVS.
You have two options for using SSNVS:
- You can directly key up to 10 names/Social Security numbers at atime onto Social Security’s website with immediate results, or
- You can upload a file with up to 250,000 Names/Social Security numbers with next business day results.
It is important to remember that SSNVS cannot be used to prescreen employees before they are hired.
For more information go to http://www.socialsecurity.gov/employer/ssnv.htm.
- Four Things to Know about Taxes and Starting a Business - November 14, 2017
- You probably should be making estimated tax payments to the IRS - November 7, 2017
- 2015 Standard Mileage Rates from the IRS - December 23, 2014
- Deducting your home office – webinar Wednesday - September 8, 2014
- Webinars on hiring independent contractors and avoiding common tax mistakes - April 30, 2014
- IRS? There’s an app for that - February 12, 2014
- IRS Tax Calendar for Small Business and Self-Employed - December 31, 2013
- 2014 Standard Mileage Rates for Business, Medical and Moving Announced - December 7, 2013
- Where can you find answers on the Affordable Care Act? The IRS - August 21, 2013
- Avoiding the Top Tax Mistakes - June 13, 2013