Energizing Young Entrepreneurs EYE*DEAS Talent Search
From the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship.
The Center’s research in recent years has found that entrepreneurship is gaining serious interest as a way of engaging young people. Many communities and organizations are coming up with their own entrepreneurial solutions, and we are seeking to learn more about them.
Between now and the end of 2006, we aim to collect community-based youth entrepreneurship stories and share them with others who are working in this field. We want to find out what young entrepreneurs and communities are doing; what these entrepreneurs and community-based programs may have in common; what communities can do to better support young entrepreneurs; and what will draw more young people to entrepreneurship as a career choice and pathway to building their future in a rural community. To do this, we need your help.
We are looking for your best stories about young entrepreneurs and community-based youth entrepreneurship programs or projects that you feel are making a real difference. Anyone – friend, family, teacher, entrepreneurship coach, mentor – may nominate a young entrepreneur or a community-based youth entrepreneurship program for the EYE*DEAS Talent Search.
The youth team at the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship will evaluate submissions as they are received and will notify nominees and their nominators if chosen as an “E of the Month” story featured on the Center’s website. A cash prize of $100 will be paid to any young entrepreneur or program that is selected as an “E of the Month” story between now and December 31, 2006.
For more information, go to http://www.energizingentrepreneurs.org/content/cr.php?id=7&sel=1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021