Energizing Young Entrepreneurs EYE*DEAS Talent Search
From the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship.
The Center’s research in recent years has found that entrepreneurship is gaining serious interest as a way of engaging young people. Many communities and organizations are coming up with their own entrepreneurial solutions, and we are seeking to learn more about them.
Between now and the end of 2006, we aim to collect community-based youth entrepreneurship stories and share them with others who are working in this field. We want to find out what young entrepreneurs and communities are doing; what these entrepreneurs and community-based programs may have in common; what communities can do to better support young entrepreneurs; and what will draw more young people to entrepreneurship as a career choice and pathway to building their future in a rural community. To do this, we need your help.
We are looking for your best stories about young entrepreneurs and community-based youth entrepreneurship programs or projects that you feel are making a real difference. Anyone – friend, family, teacher, entrepreneurship coach, mentor – may nominate a young entrepreneur or a community-based youth entrepreneurship program for the EYE*DEAS Talent Search.
The youth team at the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship will evaluate submissions as they are received and will notify nominees and their nominators if chosen as an “E of the Month” story featured on the Center’s website. A cash prize of $100 will be paid to any young entrepreneur or program that is selected as an “E of the Month” story between now and December 31, 2006.
For more information, go to http://www.energizingentrepreneurs.org/content/cr.php?id=7&sel=1 or email email@example.com.
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020