Energizing Young Entrepreneurs EYE*DEAS Talent Search
From the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship.
The Center’s research in recent years has found that entrepreneurship is gaining serious interest as a way of engaging young people. Many communities and organizations are coming up with their own entrepreneurial solutions, and we are seeking to learn more about them.
Between now and the end of 2006, we aim to collect community-based youth entrepreneurship stories and share them with others who are working in this field. We want to find out what young entrepreneurs and communities are doing; what these entrepreneurs and community-based programs may have in common; what communities can do to better support young entrepreneurs; and what will draw more young people to entrepreneurship as a career choice and pathway to building their future in a rural community. To do this, we need your help.
We are looking for your best stories about young entrepreneurs and community-based youth entrepreneurship programs or projects that you feel are making a real difference. Anyone – friend, family, teacher, entrepreneurship coach, mentor – may nominate a young entrepreneur or a community-based youth entrepreneurship program for the EYE*DEAS Talent Search.
The youth team at the Center for Rural Entrepreneurship will evaluate submissions as they are received and will notify nominees and their nominators if chosen as an “E of the Month” story featured on the Center’s website. A cash prize of $100 will be paid to any young entrepreneur or program that is selected as an “E of the Month” story between now and December 31, 2006.
For more information, go to http://www.energizingentrepreneurs.org/content/cr.php?id=7&sel=1 or email email@example.com.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020