I was intrigued by the question, Who’s your city? at Creative Class blog.
Well, I’m at it again, cranking away at a new book – and I have a huge favor to ask you. I want your stories.
See, this book is about how people pick the places they live and why that’s the single most important decision they’ll ever make. It’s a book for you, any of you, wondering about all the different options out there. Here’s is what I’d like for you to do:
Tell me about the place you live. Why did you pick your city or region? How did you go about picking it – what was your strategy? What other kinds of places did you look at? How has that choice affected the rest of your life? Your job or career? Friends, family, or romantic interests? Fulfillment and fun? Real estate jackpots or money pits? Would you do it differently next time? What cities and regions are on your radar for the future and why?
That’s it. 100 or 200 words, on any or all of those subjects. 300-500 words could be even better. Send your stories to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or post them on the comment section of this entry, or do both.
Together, we’ll build a reservoir of community knowledge that I hope can help get a little closer to understanding: Who’s Your City? And remember, everyone: Make ‘em zing! They just may find their way into print and around the globe. And thanks again!
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021