Rural entrepreneurs face a lack of good, unbiased, reliable advice. A new online resource, called Will It Fly?, is designed to give that kind of advice.
Think of it as an online mentor, a trusted business advisor who asks all those tough questions that make you really think. But this is also an advisor who will help you with the answers you don’t know!
I went through the module on a press release, something I know quite a bit about and felt I could evaluate. I clicked on Marketing, then Press Release was listed under Public Relations. Great! Then it starts asking questions. For example,
- Have you provided pertinent information to craft an interesting story rather than focusing on your “commitment to quality”?
- Have you tailored your press release such that it fits in with that media outlet’s specific style and outlook?
- Are you sure your subject header will get noticed within a crowded inbox?
- Are you prepared to field reporter questions?
Those are excellent questions for evaluating a press release! Then, rather than overwhelm you with everything about press releases, the system returns only the modules or articles you need and no more. It customizes each lesson based on what you need to know now, not everything under the sun.
Plus, they get bonus points for a “bland” design. No flashing logos, no pretty high tech graphics. The whole site is focused on helping you get and understand the information you need.
I strongly recommend this system!
I read about Will It Fly? in the Rural Entrepreneurship News – the electronic newsletter of the RUPRI Center for Rural Entrepreneurship.
small biz rural entrepreneurship resource management
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.
- Rural tourism trends say small towns are still cool - March 27, 2023
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
What an awesome site! thanks for posting this for all of us, Becky!