Let me introduce you to Sandra Sims of Wichita Falls, Texas. She is the owner of Step by Step Fundraising and calls herself a Fundraising Coach. That title reflects her special experience with athletic fundraisers, like Relay for Life and Team in Training.
The Luekemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training prepared her not only for fundraising success, but also for a full length marathon. Her trip to Alaska for the marathon is particularly memorable for her!
Sims likes coaching people to find the fundraiser that is best for their group and then to make more money from it. It’s matching and maximizing. Add-on activities, like silent or live auctions, can help make the most of any event.
Don’t miss out on money. People know it’s a fundraiser. Make the most of it.
Sims is a member of the Business and Professional Women, and I met her at the BPW National Conference in Dallas. When she moved to Wichita Falls, BPW gave her a new network immediately. That’s an important benefit for rural entrepreneurs.
Her website gives terrific fundraising information with regular updates. I know most small town business owners are involved in their community and need help with fundraising. Sims offers some wonderful resources.
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020