Let me introduce you to Sandra Sims of Wichita Falls, Texas. She is the owner of Step by Step Fundraising and calls herself a Fundraising Coach. That title reflects her special experience with athletic fundraisers, like Relay for Life and Team in Training.
The Luekemia and Lymphoma Society’s Team in Training prepared her not only for fundraising success, but also for a full length marathon. Her trip to Alaska for the marathon is particularly memorable for her!
Sims likes coaching people to find the fundraiser that is best for their group and then to make more money from it. It’s matching and maximizing. Add-on activities, like silent or live auctions, can help make the most of any event.
Don’t miss out on money. People know it’s a fundraiser. Make the most of it.
Sims is a member of the Business and Professional Women, and I met her at the BPW National Conference in Dallas. When she moved to Wichita Falls, BPW gave her a new network immediately. That’s an important benefit for rural entrepreneurs.
Her website gives terrific fundraising information with regular updates. I know most small town business owners are involved in their community and need help with fundraising. Sims offers some wonderful resources.
small biz rural entrepreneurship fundraising BPW
New to SmallBizSurvival.com? Take the Guided Tour. Like what you see? Subscribe.
- Move Your Money and Bank Local - March 22, 2023
- Using a building as a warehouse or storage in a small town? Put up a sign - March 13, 2023
- How to get customers in the door of small town and rural retail stores - February 19, 2023
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
This is really exciting, especially as I’m looking to raise money for an event in Boston right now. Thanks for passing on this great information.