First is AjaxWrite which provides “the look, feel, and functionality of Microsoft Word, in a completely web-based AJAX platform”. This is MS Word gone Web2.0! The same folks also have AjaxSketch which is a pared down version of Illustrator or Powerpoint.
The next product is an online MS Visio style application called Gliffy. This application lets you draw items such as:
* Workflow documents
* Class Diagrams
* Network Diagrams
* Database schemas
* Website layouts/wireframes
* Floor plans
* Seating charts
So what if you want a fully loaded, MS Office-compatible online application suite?
Check out ThinkFree.
ThinkFree creates MS Word, Excel, (.doc and .xls) compatible files. The files are online, so you can just share them instead of emailing them all around. You can also collaborate and let others make edits to the document, by assigning co-authors (versus readers). ThinkFree also does document versioning with rollback — just in case! It also makes it easy to post these documents to many different blogging engines. And last but not least- you also get 1GB of storage for free! (It’s worth signing up just for that!)
For Office type software not on the web, check into Open Office. I’m using it at the store, and I am reasonably impressed.
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021