First is AjaxWrite which provides “the look, feel, and functionality of Microsoft Word, in a completely web-based AJAX platform”. This is MS Word gone Web2.0! The same folks also have AjaxSketch which is a pared down version of Illustrator or Powerpoint.
The next product is an online MS Visio style application called Gliffy. This application lets you draw items such as:
* Workflow documents
* Class Diagrams
* Network Diagrams
* Database schemas
* Website layouts/wireframes
* Floor plans
* Seating charts
So what if you want a fully loaded, MS Office-compatible online application suite?
Check out ThinkFree.
ThinkFree creates MS Word, Excel, (.doc and .xls) compatible files. The files are online, so you can just share them instead of emailing them all around. You can also collaborate and let others make edits to the document, by assigning co-authors (versus readers). ThinkFree also does document versioning with rollback — just in case! It also makes it easy to post these documents to many different blogging engines. And last but not least- you also get 1GB of storage for free! (It’s worth signing up just for that!)
For Office type software not on the web, check into Open Office. I’m using it at the store, and I am reasonably impressed.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020