One of my primary goals is to connect you to some of the best online resources to help your business survive. This is especially important in rural areas because online resources fill some of the gaps caused by our geographic isolation. This continuing feature will profile some of our favorite resource sites online.
Resource sites vary widely. Some are full of useful info, just waiting for you to come by and collect it. Others are just an excuse to post some ads. I’ll be sure to give my honest opinion of each resource.
Everyone is welcome to join in. Tell us resources you have found useful, and point me toward some new leads.
Photo: Prospective Small Town Entrepreneur Ruth Hendy and Becky McCray
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021