Andrea Wilson has written a terrific guide to providing great online customer service when a customer complains. She works through ten effective tips, including:
In emails, use “exaggerated courtesy.” Since the person can’t see your expression or hear your tone of voice, your words must do everything for you. Read emails at least three times before hitting the send button.
And this does matter, as Wilson continues:
How does good customer service increase your revenue? Every customer service encounter gives you another chance to:
* improve customer loyalty
* correct problems in your buying cycle
* upsell customers.
Wilson’s article is at Small Business Brief, a site that describes itself as “Providing small business resources, informative articles, current news, software directory and the small business ideas forum. Additionally offers a free weekly newsletter that caters to small business owners.”
And thanks to SmallBusiness CEO for bringing this article and resource to our attention.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022