The resource: Inc.com
Imagine if you could browse the back issues of business magazines and tap all the wonderful articles written over the past years… Inc. is making it possible. First, they have pulled together a huge selection of How-to Guides. Here are some samples:
- Best Customer-Service Practices
- Managing Customer Data
Running a One-Person Business
- Setting Up a Home Office
- Getting Paid
- One-Person Business Resource Center
Personal and Professional Growth
- Overcoming Burnout
- Finding a Mentor
- Inc. Life Resource Center
Second, the range of over 100 online Tools is also worthy of a look, in the following categories:
- Doing Business Online
- Financial Management
- Finding Capital
- Hiring and Recruiting
- Managing Employees
- Performance Management
- Personnel Administration
- Workplace Safety
Sometimes you have click through several layers of menus to get to the actual article, but I found the articles specific and relevant. The sheer volume of info here is significant!
I think it is a good resource when trying to get an introduction to a new business topic, or to figure out an approach to a specific project or problem.
The depth of coverage varies. The personnel tools were extensive, but marketing tools were really thin.
Some tools require a free login to download. I don’t mind that at all. What I don’t like is the intense advertising all around the site. A holdover from their print version?
All told, I recommend Inc.com when you are researching business questions.
small biz rural entrepreneurship resources
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020