The resource: Inc.com
Imagine if you could browse the back issues of business magazines and tap all the wonderful articles written over the past years… Inc. is making it possible. First, they have pulled together a huge selection of How-to Guides. Here are some samples:
- Best Customer-Service Practices
- Managing Customer Data
Running a One-Person Business
- Setting Up a Home Office
- Getting Paid
- One-Person Business Resource Center
Personal and Professional Growth
- Overcoming Burnout
- Finding a Mentor
- Inc. Life Resource Center
Second, the range of over 100 online Tools is also worthy of a look, in the following categories:
- Doing Business Online
- Financial Management
- Finding Capital
- Hiring and Recruiting
- Managing Employees
- Performance Management
- Personnel Administration
- Workplace Safety
Sometimes you have click through several layers of menus to get to the actual article, but I found the articles specific and relevant. The sheer volume of info here is significant!
I think it is a good resource when trying to get an introduction to a new business topic, or to figure out an approach to a specific project or problem.
The depth of coverage varies. The personnel tools were extensive, but marketing tools were really thin.
Some tools require a free login to download. I don’t mind that at all. What I don’t like is the intense advertising all around the site. A holdover from their print version?
All told, I recommend Inc.com when you are researching business questions.
small biz rural entrepreneurship resources
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019