The resource: Inc.com
Imagine if you could browse the back issues of business magazines and tap all the wonderful articles written over the past years… Inc. is making it possible. First, they have pulled together a huge selection of How-to Guides. Here are some samples:
- Best Customer-Service Practices
- Managing Customer Data
Running a One-Person Business
- Setting Up a Home Office
- Getting Paid
- One-Person Business Resource Center
Personal and Professional Growth
- Overcoming Burnout
- Finding a Mentor
- Inc. Life Resource Center
Second, the range of over 100 online Tools is also worthy of a look, in the following categories:
- Doing Business Online
- Financial Management
- Finding Capital
- Hiring and Recruiting
- Managing Employees
- Performance Management
- Personnel Administration
- Workplace Safety
Sometimes you have click through several layers of menus to get to the actual article, but I found the articles specific and relevant. The sheer volume of info here is significant!
I think it is a good resource when trying to get an introduction to a new business topic, or to figure out an approach to a specific project or problem.
The depth of coverage varies. The personnel tools were extensive, but marketing tools were really thin.
Some tools require a free login to download. I don’t mind that at all. What I don’t like is the intense advertising all around the site. A holdover from their print version?
All told, I recommend Inc.com when you are researching business questions.
small biz rural entrepreneurship resources
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022