60 Second Ideas Blog has a terrific idea to share: Capitalize on being local, where ever you are.
Is there really “no place like home?” As we saw with Brooklyn’s Neighborhoodies, identifying with your ‘hood’, is very cool these days.
Now comes Los Angeles based State of Mine – offering gold charms representing your hood. Pick one of the 49 state charms and add a diamond in your hometown or how about the State of Mine charm of the continental U.S. with a gem in your home state. Other items include the “I heart” charm with your state in between and a customized ring that can feature your city, state, or even zip code.
What’s next in hoods across the country? Can you say keychains? Companies like Neighborhoodies and State of Mine should get your state of mind buzzing on how to capitalize.
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020