60 Second Ideas Blog has a terrific idea to share: Capitalize on being local, where ever you are.
Is there really “no place like home?” As we saw with Brooklyn’s Neighborhoodies, identifying with your ‘hood’, is very cool these days.
Now comes Los Angeles based State of Mine – offering gold charms representing your hood. Pick one of the 49 state charms and add a diamond in your hometown or how about the State of Mine charm of the continental U.S. with a gem in your home state. Other items include the “I heart” charm with your state in between and a customized ring that can feature your city, state, or even zip code.
What’s next in hoods across the country? Can you say keychains? Companies like Neighborhoodies and State of Mine should get your state of mind buzzing on how to capitalize.
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021