This is an exceprt of a post by Marco Terry, Invoice Factoring Blog. He writes mostly about invoice factoring, but these points apply to any kind of business loans or financing.
Here are the three big “Don’t Do’s” of business financing.
1. Don’t be clueless about your own business
The biggest deal killer I see in my industry is business owners that are clueless about their business. … If you need financing you must be able to explain a) why you need money? b) how much you need? c) what you’ll do with it once you get it.
2. Don’t try and get financing at the last minute
Almost every day I get a call from a frantic business owner that needs working capital for his business – today – or he won’t be able to meet payroll. It’s a sad situation but there is nothing we can do to help them.
3. Don’t be unprofessional or rude
Every week or so I’ll get a call from someone who is just plain unprofessional or rude. They’ll ask for financing but balk and complain when asked about their business. … Almost 100% of these people don’t get financed.
Read the whole article.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022