This is an exceprt of a post by Marco Terry, Invoice Factoring Blog. He writes mostly about invoice factoring, but these points apply to any kind of business loans or financing.
Here are the three big “Don’t Do’s” of business financing.
1. Don’t be clueless about your own business
The biggest deal killer I see in my industry is business owners that are clueless about their business. … If you need financing you must be able to explain a) why you need money? b) how much you need? c) what you’ll do with it once you get it.
2. Don’t try and get financing at the last minute
Almost every day I get a call from a frantic business owner that needs working capital for his business – today – or he won’t be able to meet payroll. It’s a sad situation but there is nothing we can do to help them.
3. Don’t be unprofessional or rude
Every week or so I’ll get a call from someone who is just plain unprofessional or rude. They’ll ask for financing but balk and complain when asked about their business. … Almost 100% of these people don’t get financed.
Read the whole article.
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021