If your small biz includes your handmade creations, check into Etsy, an online market for handmade items.
You can sell anything that is handmade or, a bit more loosely put, hand-assembled or hand-altered. … If human hands put some love into the object, odds are you can sell it on Etsy.
It is a marketplace only; Etsy does not handle any part of the buy/sell transaction. You can set up a free “shop” with your own username. Sellers can be located anywhere globally. It includes a simple feedback system.
The fee structure is also pretty simple:
It costs $0.10 per quantity to list an item on Etsy, regardless of the selling price.
When you sell an item, there is a flat 3.5% commission fee assessed by Etsy.
Most Intriguing Searches
The ability to search by color, place, time and material has got to be unique! That seems to suit a marketplace for unique and handmade items. I think this will contribute to better browsing and, hopefully, more purchases.
Etsy could be another way for crafty rural biz people to reach a world-wide market.
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019