If your small biz includes your handmade creations, check into Etsy, an online market for handmade items.
You can sell anything that is handmade or, a bit more loosely put, hand-assembled or hand-altered. … If human hands put some love into the object, odds are you can sell it on Etsy.
It is a marketplace only; Etsy does not handle any part of the buy/sell transaction. You can set up a free “shop” with your own username. Sellers can be located anywhere globally. It includes a simple feedback system.
The fee structure is also pretty simple:
It costs $0.10 per quantity to list an item on Etsy, regardless of the selling price.
When you sell an item, there is a flat 3.5% commission fee assessed by Etsy.
Most Intriguing Searches
The ability to search by color, place, time and material has got to be unique! That seems to suit a marketplace for unique and handmade items. I think this will contribute to better browsing and, hopefully, more purchases.
Etsy could be another way for crafty rural biz people to reach a world-wide market.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021