“Moving into the real world” used to be a standard phrase used as students prepared to leave the protected confines of the university and headed into the workforce. But as a student entrepreneur once told me as she was wrestling with balancing her new venture, class projects, final exams, and a college social life, “This Already Feels Pretty Real to Me!”
I have written before about the Entrepreneurial Generation now populating our classrooms and dormitories. We now have three student business hatcheries for these students, with over 50 students operating 40 businesses on our campus the competition for our space is beginning to heat up. And those are just the students we already know about! More come in almost every week.
- Tap into the entrepreneurial generation. If you hire them, give them as much entrepreneurial freedom as possible. Ask for and respect their ideas.
- Be a mentor. Help a college student transition their business out and into the market.
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022