Technology changes all the rural small biz rules.
Open Source Business Idea: Small Town Actors – Video
By Chris Brogan
Have you heard of Cherub? A fan and a bunch of local actors have built a web series spoof of the canceled TV series, “Angel.” Have you heard of Star Trek: The New Voyages? This is even MORE wild! This is a guy who was a huge fan, who collected all kinds of props in his grandparents’ garage, and who decided to get together a gang and film their own episodes. This project, by the way, has so much fan support and steam that Paramount is actually thinking about doing something with it themselves.
These are just PEOPLE, local smalltown actors and fans of shows. They are creating REAL content that has real audiences. Those two examples are all abuzz and all over the web, but there are even more opportunities out there.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022