Aaron Dwyer, an Australian web hosting provider, is holding a very smart contest to build his business. He’s looking for the worst business website in Australia and offering it a free renovation. He is receiving tons of publicity, the businesses are receiving publicity, and he is positioning himself as a terrific expert. The key is that he put the time and effort into designing an effective contest. The contest is profiled at the Entrepreneur’s Journey blog.
Your small biz can benefit from a contest, but only if you focus on the design.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022