Aaron Dwyer, an Australian web hosting provider, is holding a very smart contest to build his business. He’s looking for the worst business website in Australia and offering it a free renovation. He is receiving tons of publicity, the businesses are receiving publicity, and he is positioning himself as a terrific expert. The key is that he put the time and effort into designing an effective contest. The contest is profiled at the Entrepreneur’s Journey blog.
Your small biz can benefit from a contest, but only if you focus on the design.
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020