Aaron Dwyer, an Australian web hosting provider, is holding a very smart contest to build his business. He’s looking for the worst business website in Australia and offering it a free renovation. He is receiving tons of publicity, the businesses are receiving publicity, and he is positioning himself as a terrific expert. The key is that he put the time and effort into designing an effective contest. The contest is profiled at the Entrepreneur’s Journey blog.
Your small biz can benefit from a contest, but only if you focus on the design.
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021