This advice from Colin Bates’ BuildingBrands newsletter could be a mantra for small biz survival. Of course, he offers huge business examples, so let’s add some small biz perspective.
“Cooperate on product design.”
Everything you do is your product. How you do it is design. (see Tom Peters) Can you design your product work with someone else’s product, even if one or both are services? Maybe your income-tax service can coordinate with an investment advisor to develop products that are both a good investment and a wise tax strategy.
“Cooperate on product placement and usage.”
Can you offer local brands? Or famous products? What are the leading products that compliment yours? Can you strike a deal to cooperate? We’re looking for more locally-made wines for our store.
“Cooperate to build your industry.”
Can you work together build your entire town or region? Can you connect with others inside your industry but outside your area? We frequently share info with a neighboring liquor store.
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021