This advice from Colin Bates’ BuildingBrands newsletter could be a mantra for small biz survival. Of course, he offers huge business examples, so let’s add some small biz perspective.
“Cooperate on product design.”
Everything you do is your product. How you do it is design. (see Tom Peters) Can you design your product work with someone else’s product, even if one or both are services? Maybe your income-tax service can coordinate with an investment advisor to develop products that are both a good investment and a wise tax strategy.
“Cooperate on product placement and usage.”
Can you offer local brands? Or famous products? What are the leading products that compliment yours? Can you strike a deal to cooperate? We’re looking for more locally-made wines for our store.
“Cooperate to build your industry.”
Can you work together build your entire town or region? Can you connect with others inside your industry but outside your area? We frequently share info with a neighboring liquor store.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022