Ed Morrison, publisher of the EDPro Weblog, frequently covers Small Biz Survival issues, as well as a whole range of economic development issues.
In a post on Saturday, he boiled it down to this: “…a major timebomb: an aging workforce, a brain drain of bright college graduates and in-migration of too few workers….” He was referring to Wisconsin, but it applies to a whole region of the country united in the trend of decline.
Any solutions? Morrison promotes early childhood education, and with good reason. It is a major factor in later success in school and in work life. This is a happy note for me because Oklahoma has really taken the lead on early childhood education.
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022