We want you to be confident in the information you read here. Consider this our “no BS” approach to disclosure.
Privacy and Tracking
- Any data you submit, like your email address, will only be used for the purpose it was collected, like sending the email newsletter. We won’t share it with anyone, except as required by law.
Affiliate Links and Reviews
- We do review books, computers, and other small-business related products. Almost all of them are provided at no cost to us for review, and we are usually allowed to keep them. In each review, the source of the product and the details are clearly explained.
- Any articles or content that are part of a business relationship will be clearly labeled. We extremely rarely have accepted ads or paid editorial content, and in each case they are clearly labeled.
- Any Amazon affiliate links benefit our contributor Jon Swanson’s not-for-profit projects. Any other affiliate links that benefit any other person clearly labeled.
Other Business Relationships
- Becky is a professional speaker for a wide variety of clients. When a client is mentioned in any story, they are labeled as a client.
- Becky’s other businesses are Tourism Currents (a joint operation with Sheila Scarborough and Leslie McLellan), Allen’s Retail Liquors, and a cattle ranch.
Tell Your Story:
- If you are a small town or rural business person, you are welcome to write your own story: how you were founded, a community project you help with, or how your town is doing something positive through business.
Press Release and PR Preferences:
- We are interested in small business stories from small towns and rural areas only, and even then, we’d prefer you tell us the story than send a press release.