Are you getting what you want out of your business?
Quite often, we, as people, get into a funk. We take a look at our surroundings and wish that things were different. This certainly holds true for small-business owners. So what can we do to change our attitude and direction? Last month, I discussed one activity you might try during this time, finding ways to grow the business.
Another tack we can take is consider the negative habits you may have allowed to build that are now stopping you in your tracks.
One such behavior that impacts your effectiveness is negativity. Everything and everyone is against us. It’s doom and gloom and not sunshine and light. And the more we think that way, the more it seems to be our reality (whether it is or not).
A second habit that we may have is procrastination. None of us like to do all of the tasks we need to. It is much easier to sit than to force ourselves to start a project we dislike. And the act of just sitting around may lead to a third non-productive behavior, boredom.
We may also be allowing complacency or procrastination to keep us from our goal. Finally, all of this may seem like to much to deal with so we simply look to find distractions. Social media and online surfing makes that easy to do today.
So what can the small-business owner do to move past such habits?
As you might expect, you must identify the habit and then determine how you will move past it. Your response will vary somewhat for each habit but remember that your mental attitude really is in control. Learn more about the ones you need to overcome. As you read and listen, methods of change will be provided and your mind will come up with others. Ask your mentors for how they might approach them.
Habits are a part of life. Good habits will help you grow your business while negative ones will slow or stop any forward progress. You’re in control.
- It’s Time - March 14, 2018
- Go Where Others Fear to Tread - March 7, 2018
- Balance Your Marketing Presence - February 28, 2018
- The TRUTH About No-Cost Marketing - February 21, 2018
- What’s Holding You Back? - February 14, 2018
- Involving Family in the Business - February 7, 2018
- Marketing Requires Balance - January 31, 2018
- Use the Midwinter Slump for Growth - January 24, 2018
- Effective, Efficient, and Perception - January 17, 2018
- Let’s Have a Meeting - January 10, 2018