Service-based businesses are critically important in small towns. But downtown retail businesses get a lot more attention in rural revitalization discussions.
Since my background includes a lot of work in rural service businesses, I’ve written about service businesses here at Small Biz Survival. Add that to contributions by our many guest authors, and we’ve built up quite a resource over the past 10 years.
You’ll find all our articles on service-based businesses here.
- Retail’s big split: why big boxes are in trouble and what small town retailers can do - May 22, 2017
- Surprising results in the Survey of Rural Challenges 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Where to find local entrepreneurs online - May 8, 2017
- Where do you find potential entrepreneurs? - May 1, 2017
- How can a municipality support entrepreneurship? - April 24, 2017
- Small town retail trend: shared spaces - April 10, 2017
- A blue Brag Basket - March 24, 2017
- Tiny businesses in storage sheds: a rural economic development tool - March 19, 2017
- Your secret advertising tool: empty buildings downtown as billboards - March 13, 2017
- What businesses work in towns under 500 - March 6, 2017