Service-based businesses are critically important in small towns. But downtown retail businesses get a lot more attention in rural revitalization discussions.
Since my background includes a lot of work in rural service businesses, I’ve written about service businesses here at Small Biz Survival. Add that to contributions by our many guest authors, and we’ve built up quite a resource over the past 10 years.
You’ll find all our articles on service-based businesses here.
- Small town retail trend: shared spaces - April 10, 2017
- A blue Brag Basket - March 24, 2017
- Tiny businesses in storage sheds: a rural economic development tool - March 19, 2017
- Your secret advertising tool: empty buildings downtown as billboards - March 13, 2017
- What businesses work in towns under 500 - March 6, 2017
- Rural business idea: renting wilderness offices - February 27, 2017
- How to start a big business in a small town, when the big dream seems out of reach - February 13, 2017
- My trends reports and more guest articles on other sites - January 23, 2017
- Innovative Rural Business Models spread opportunity in small towns - January 9, 2017
- When Google Maps has your small business listed in the wrong place - January 2, 2017