Get visitors to your small town to notice all the cool details in your older buildings. Give them a scavenger hunt to follow.
This example is from El Reno, Oklahoma, Main Street. They made it a contest with a time limit, but I think it’s a timeless idea, one you can use to get visitors looking up for years to come.
This one could also go digital. Post your photos on your Instagram account, and challenge locals and visitors alike to find the details.
Has your small town tried getting folks to notice the details? Tell us about it in the comments.
- Rural business idea: Rent chicks for Easter - February 19, 2018
- What hours should a retail store be open in a small town? - February 12, 2018
- Want more young families to shop downtown? Consider family parking - February 5, 2018
- How independent retailers can trick Alexa, Siri, and Google Home to capture orders from local customers - January 29, 2018
- Who are the next 5 people who will hire you? - January 22, 2018
- 2017 was the retail apocalypse. What does the future of retail hold for small town stores? - January 15, 2018
- New after-conference rule: the 2-to-1 rule - January 8, 2018
- For better planning, assess your strengths - January 1, 2018
- The end of year checklist for small businesses - December 26, 2017
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2017: What Small Town People See as Their Biggest Challenges and What Topics They Most Want Help With - December 18, 2017