Get visitors to your small town to notice all the cool details in your older buildings. Give them a scavenger hunt to follow.
This example is from El Reno, Oklahoma, Main Street. They made it a contest with a time limit, but I think it’s a timeless idea, one you can use to get visitors looking up for years to come.
This one could also go digital. Post your photos on your Instagram account, and challenge locals and visitors alike to find the details.
Has your small town tried getting folks to notice the details? Tell us about it in the comments.
- How do you get merchants to host pop-ups inside their business? - December 11, 2017
- Rural addresses are confusing to outsiders, but a new tool aims to change that with just 3 words - December 4, 2017
- Your town has lost its economic reason for being - November 27, 2017
- How to convince a building owner to host a pop-up - November 20, 2017
- Downtown After 5 idea: Dinner and a Movie - November 13, 2017
- Like a home office, but with wheels - November 6, 2017
- Want more local retail businesses? Here’s what Elk City does - October 30, 2017
- Free concerts draw big crowds, but no one shops local stores - October 23, 2017
- What small businesses can do with Facebook Live and other streaming video - October 16, 2017
- Build your business with mini-events - October 9, 2017