A social media tip useful for any organization with members: cultivate your online champions. Includes a case study of how Leslie McLellan did it in Lake Arrowhead, California.
Some folks pointed out that tweets and sample posts on paper aren’t easy for people to type correctly, especially the short links. Leslie actually followed up her in-person meetings by sending out an email with the Word DOC version of the suggested posts. She only sent it to those who attended. People who don’t attend the in-person training won’t understand your goals and won’t build the sense of being a team that you really want.
Smart folks in the room for my presentation suggested using some of the newer tools that Leslie didn’t have in 2009, to make that easier for members.
1. Use Click to Tweet to make that list of sample tweets easy to use. Click to Tweet will give you a link you can actually put in your Word DOC that, when a member clicks it, will open a browser with the tweet already filled in.
2. HREF Share is similar to Click to Tweet, but not as cute. What it does better is work with Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+ and Twitter posts. So you could create one link for Twitter, one for Facebook. You’d put your sample post, then “click here to post to Twitter” for the Twitter link. Then you could customize your post for Facebook, and “click here to post to Facebook.”
- Never ask anyone to do something you don’t want to, right? Wrong. - October 12, 2015
- 6 innovative small business models in small towns - October 5, 2015
- Picking your Holiday 2015 marketing theme - September 28, 2015
- Small town, big company: Ditch Witch - September 22, 2015
- Small town tourism — city folks love small towns - September 15, 2015
- How Siri can help small town businesses make more sales - September 14, 2015
- How small town stores can start subscription box services and reap extra sales - September 8, 2015
- 7 Big retail tricks that small town stores can use - August 31, 2015
- Tasty good news in the Brag Basket - August 21, 2015
- Small town, big company: Jiffy Mix - August 17, 2015