Next week, May 12th through the 16th, is National Small Business Week, recognizing “the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.”
The Small Business Administration has lead this effort since 1963. It applauds this group of businesses. More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business and they create about two out of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year. Every day, the SBA works to grow small businesses, create 21st century jobs, drive innovation, and increase America’s global competitiveness.
The U. S. system of land grant universities has supported these businesses over the years. The Cooperative Extension Service, as part of that system, has worked to encourage, build and support their growth and development. Next week will find Extension participating in a special week-long event highlighting some of the successful partnerships created (Check out: http://powerofbusiness.net/blog/).
The second special event will be a week-long special series of “Live Chats” with business owners. Learn how they got into the business and listen to their tips to help other business owners.
For the third part of next week’s celebration we ask you to thank a small business owner.
- You Just Gotta Ask! - July 24, 2014
- The Little Things Can Derail Your Marketing - July 17, 2014
- Right Marketing Tools Vital for Small Businesses - July 10, 2014
- 4 Pricing Strategies Every Small Business Should Know - June 26, 2014
- Competition Can be Good - June 19, 2014
- The Power of Coming Together - June 5, 2014
- Know Your Competitor - May 29, 2014
- Agritourism: People Will Come - May 22, 2014
- Small is Big in Business - May 15, 2014
- Small Business Celebration – May 12 – 16, 2014 - May 8, 2014