Next week, May 12th through the 16th, is National Small Business Week, recognizing “the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.”
The Small Business Administration has lead this effort since 1963. It applauds this group of businesses. More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business and they create about two out of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year. Every day, the SBA works to grow small businesses, create 21st century jobs, drive innovation, and increase America’s global competitiveness.
The U. S. system of land grant universities has supported these businesses over the years. The Cooperative Extension Service, as part of that system, has worked to encourage, build and support their growth and development. Next week will find Extension participating in a special week-long event highlighting some of the successful partnerships created (Check out: http://powerofbusiness.net/blog/).
The second special event will be a week-long special series of “Live Chats” with business owners. Learn how they got into the business and listen to their tips to help other business owners.
For the third part of next week’s celebration we ask you to thank a small business owner.
- Are You Ready to Start Your Small Business? - September 21, 2016
- Know Why You Are in Business - September 14, 2016
- Adding Something New to Your Small Business – Know the Purpose! - September 7, 2016
- Start Your Business on the Side - August 31, 2016
- Stand Out with Small-town Service - August 24, 2016
- Understanding Marketing vs. Branding - August 17, 2016
- Seven Steps to a Small Business Tagline - August 10, 2016
- Passion and Profitability Required in Small Businesses - August 3, 2016
- What Gets in the Way of Your Small Business? - July 27, 2016
- Trends and Fads – Opportunities for Small Businesses - July 20, 2016