Next week, May 12th through the 16th, is National Small Business Week, recognizing “the critical contributions of America’s entrepreneurs and small business owners.”
The Small Business Administration has lead this effort since 1963. It applauds this group of businesses. More than half of Americans either own or work for a small business and they create about two out of every three new jobs in the U.S. each year. Every day, the SBA works to grow small businesses, create 21st century jobs, drive innovation, and increase America’s global competitiveness.
The U. S. system of land grant universities has supported these businesses over the years. The Cooperative Extension Service, as part of that system, has worked to encourage, build and support their growth and development. Next week will find Extension participating in a special week-long event highlighting some of the successful partnerships created (Check out: http://powerofbusiness.net/blog/).
The second special event will be a week-long special series of “Live Chats” with business owners. Learn how they got into the business and listen to their tips to help other business owners.
For the third part of next week’s celebration we ask you to thank a small business owner.
- Disrupt Your Small Business for Success - May 14, 2015
- Local Food Interest Grows Small-farm Producer Numbers - May 7, 2015
- Small Businesses: The Cornerstones of Communities - April 30, 2015
- Know What Your CUSTOMER Wants - April 16, 2015
- Think Process, Not Product, When Doing Small-business Planning - April 9, 2015
- Make Public Relations Part of Your Small-business Marketing - March 19, 2015
- Avoid Intellectual Property Issues in Your Small Business - March 5, 2015
- Tips for Running Your Home-based Businesses - February 26, 2015
- Finding Your Startup Funding - February 19, 2015
- Know Why You Want to Start a Business - February 12, 2015