It is the informal times, when we take a few minutes to slow down and connect with others, where we often get answers to our questions and/or build our store of ideas and potential connections. A number of authors have reported on how valuable and important the informal network is to the success of a business. Such networks are built slowly and over time. Successful networkers report that it is also impossible to know when the best connections will be made. With that in mind, these people comment that they take every opportunity they can to attend as many events as possible.
Yet small business owners, especially those in rural areas, report they have little time to attend and fewer such opportunities in their local area. They can attend meetings further away but then it takes more time away from the business to make that happen. Such meetings create a hardship when trying to build a business.
Power of Business is offering the First Friday chat series designed with these real-world concerns in mind. What you get are: 1. short (15 minute) chats with business owners focused on providing 2 useful tips and information; and 2. the chance to connect with others and ask questions.
So take a break this Friday, grab a cup of coffee and join your fellow business owners at 11:15 CT and build your business. Registration is requested to help us know you, our audience, better. Go to: powerofbusiness.net to register.
- Networking Isn’t a One-Time Event - August 23, 2017
- Effective Marketing - August 16, 2017
- Time to Hire? - August 9, 2017
- Customer Service and Marketing - August 2, 2017
- Small Business Marketing: Start Your Own Holiday - July 26, 2017
- Aim Your Marketing towards the Future - July 19, 2017
- Enjoying Local Foods and Local Farmers - July 12, 2017
- Small-business Data Gathering: Use It for Growth - July 5, 2017
- Know Your Market - June 28, 2017
- Marketing: It Used to be so Easy - June 14, 2017