It is the informal times, when we take a few minutes to slow down and connect with others, where we often get answers to our questions and/or build our store of ideas and potential connections. A number of authors have reported on how valuable and important the informal network is to the success of a business. Such networks are built slowly and over time. Successful networkers report that it is also impossible to know when the best connections will be made. With that in mind, these people comment that they take every opportunity they can to attend as many events as possible.
Yet small business owners, especially those in rural areas, report they have little time to attend and fewer such opportunities in their local area. They can attend meetings further away but then it takes more time away from the business to make that happen. Such meetings create a hardship when trying to build a business.
Power of Business is offering the First Friday chat series designed with these real-world concerns in mind. What you get are: 1. short (15 minute) chats with business owners focused on providing 2 useful tips and information; and 2. the chance to connect with others and ask questions.
So take a break this Friday, grab a cup of coffee and join your fellow business owners at 11:15 CT and build your business. Registration is requested to help us know you, our audience, better. Go to: powerofbusiness.net to register.
- Is Fear of Failure Holding You Back? - July 23, 2015
- Avoid Loneliness When Working From Home - July 16, 2015
- Increase Your Small-business Sales - July 9, 2015
- Making a Good First Impression with Your Small Business - July 2, 2015
- Are You Telling (and Selling) with Your Business Story? - June 25, 2015
- Prepare for Success in Your Small Business - June 18, 2015
- Listen for Small-business Success - June 11, 2015
- Your Business Needs to be Online - June 4, 2015
- Success Grows Through Retaining Customers - May 28, 2015
- Disrupt Your Small Business for Success - May 14, 2015