It is the informal times, when we take a few minutes to slow down and connect with others, where we often get answers to our questions and/or build our store of ideas and potential connections. A number of authors have reported on how valuable and important the informal network is to the success of a business. Such networks are built slowly and over time. Successful networkers report that it is also impossible to know when the best connections will be made. With that in mind, these people comment that they take every opportunity they can to attend as many events as possible.
Yet small business owners, especially those in rural areas, report they have little time to attend and fewer such opportunities in their local area. They can attend meetings further away but then it takes more time away from the business to make that happen. Such meetings create a hardship when trying to build a business.
Power of Business is offering the First Friday chat series designed with these real-world concerns in mind. What you get are: 1. short (15 minute) chats with business owners focused on providing 2 useful tips and information; and 2. the chance to connect with others and ask questions.
So take a break this Friday, grab a cup of coffee and join your fellow business owners at 11:15 CT and build your business. Registration is requested to help us know you, our audience, better. Go to: powerofbusiness.net to register.
- 10 Tips for Increasing Your Sales at Art and Craft Shows - December 18, 2014
- Let the Holiday Season Propel Your Business All Year - December 11, 2014
- Small-business Owners Leave Their Comfort Zone - December 4, 2014
- Happy Thanksgiving - November 27, 2014
- Now’s the Time to Shop Small - November 20, 2014
- Couples Can be Small-businesses Owners - November 13, 2014
- Blend Your Business and Family - November 6, 2014
- Power of Business Tips and Resources October - November 3, 2014
- Small Businesses Must Prepare for Change - October 30, 2014
- Use Your Small-business Advantages - October 16, 2014