Mack Collier leads the highly influential weekly #blogchat, publishes the most popular discussions of social media for business pricing, and leads corporations and businesses of all size to be more social and better serve customers. He’s also the author of Think Like a Rock Star, and he’s based in a rural area of Alabama.
Mack doesn’t let the lack of decent broadband stop him. He doesn’t try to hide his accent or play down his rural roots. He is who he is.
Mack and I have been online friends for quite a while, and we’ve been fortunate to meet in person at South by Southwest and other places. He’s like many other rural people who’ve become well-known; he’s genuine, kind and very capable.
Catch up with Mack’s writings, #blogchat and his speaking here: MackCollier.com.
Photo of Mack (CC) by Matt Dickman on Flickr.
Why this podcast exists
If you’re “just a business owner” or “just” someone in a small town, you often feel like you’re the only one. Either the only one with a positive outlook or the only one who is trying to create change. The whole point of this podcast is to bring all of us together. You are not alone.
Or you can subscribe in any podcast tool, RSS reader or music manager. While each tool has a different setup, usually you’ll just need to copy this link and paste it where you add your podcast feeds: http://smallbizsurvival.com/?feed=podcast
New here? Take the Guided Tour.
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #5: More knowledgeable - July 21, 2014
- Brag Basket for July 18 - July 18, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #4: More flexible - July 14, 2014
- In the Brag Basket, success tastes sweet - July 11, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #3: Fewer Layers - July 7, 2014
- Brag Basket on July 4 means celebration - July 4, 2014
- Why rural is key to developing Unmanned Aerial Systems - July 2, 2014
- Does touring empty buildings lead to new businesses? - July 1, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #2. Make Customers Feel Loved - June 30, 2014
- Have a cocktail and lounge in the Brag Basket - June 27, 2014