Mack Collier leads the highly influential weekly #blogchat, publishes the most popular discussions of social media for business pricing, and leads corporations and businesses of all size to be more social and better serve customers. He’s also the author of Think Like a Rock Star, and he’s based in a rural area of Alabama.
Mack doesn’t let the lack of decent broadband stop him. He doesn’t try to hide his accent or play down his rural roots. He is who he is.
Mack and I have been online friends for quite a while, and we’ve been fortunate to meet in person at South by Southwest and other places. He’s like many other rural people who’ve become well-known; he’s genuine, kind and very capable.
Catch up with Mack’s writings, #blogchat and his speaking here: MackCollier.com.
Photo of Mack (CC) by Matt Dickman on Flickr.
Why this podcast exists
If you’re “just a business owner” or “just” someone in a small town, you often feel like you’re the only one. Either the only one with a positive outlook or the only one who is trying to create change. The whole point of this podcast is to bring all of us together. You are not alone.
Or you can subscribe in any podcast tool, RSS reader or music manager. While each tool has a different setup, usually you’ll just need to copy this link and paste it where you add your podcast feeds: http://smallbizsurvival.com/?feed=podcast
New here? Take the Guided Tour.
- Brag Basket goes to the beach - August 29, 2014
- How I found my mission in three kinda-easy steps - August 26, 2014
- Recruiting new residents: help them find out they’ll love your town - August 19, 2014
- Should I charge by the hour or by the project? - August 18, 2014
- Finding Mona’s Market, a small town business picture-story - August 12, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #7: Benefiting the Local Community - August 4, 2014
- Redesign your downtown without breaking the budget - July 29, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #6: Innovative - July 28, 2014
- Brag Basket is for sharing good news - July 25, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #5: More knowledgeable - July 21, 2014