In January, I spoke in Norfolk County, Ontario. It’s a rural county with several small towns and lots of farms, and a beautiful coastline. They sent me probably the best speaker-preparation packet I’ve ever received. Looking at the Official Map and Local Food Guide, the local recipe booklet, the Ontario’s Garden brochure and much more, I knew this was a delicious destination.
You don’t have to do all of these things to be delicious to visitors, but you are certainly free to borrow any one of these ideas and run with it. How can you make your small town more tasty?
- Holiday shopping campaigns besides “Shop Small” - November 17, 2014
- How small towns can do Shop Small Saturday - November 10, 2014
- Brag Basket provides the warmth of community - November 7, 2014
- Use social lists to connect local businesses - November 4, 2014
- Please use the Halloween Brag Basket - October 31, 2014
- Any small town could do spooky storytelling - October 28, 2014
- Good news casts a long shadow in the Brag Basket - October 24, 2014
- Customers are switching to small retailers - October 20, 2014
- Why big box stores are getting smaller and what that means to small towns - October 13, 2014
- A great shop local tagline - October 8, 2014