One of our readers from Reimagine Goldendale asked this on Facebook:
People are constantly being encouraged to shop local, but small town retailers have a tough time keeping their prices down when their wholesale costs can be so high. Do you have any advice on how to order wholesale so retail prices can be more competitive? Are wholesalers ever “small business friendly”? Seems to me we need to get the wholesalers to rethink how they do business, not just the small town residents.
We’ve talked before about living with the higher prices wholesalers sometimes charge small town retailers, but never about how to get the wholesalers to improve. What would you suggest?
- Holiday Marketing 8: Tell your founding story - November 30, 2015
- Holiday Marketing 7: Small Business Saturday - November 23, 2015
- Holiday Marketing 6: Support your service providers - November 16, 2015
- Holiday Marketing 5: Share the causes you care about - November 9, 2015
- Brag Basket is the place for conversation - November 6, 2015
- Holiday Marketing 4: Spotlight on Community - November 2, 2015
- Engaging businesses with school entrepreneurship programs - October 27, 2015
- Holiday marketing 3: Spotlight a local business - October 26, 2015
- 3 Ways to teach kids to be entrepreneurs - October 20, 2015
- Holiday marketing 2015 – Set your cover photos - October 19, 2015