The Brag Basket is our tradition of sharing. The basket is always free and open all weekend, this one Dec 28-30, 2012. This is the last one for 2012, so look through your year and think about what good news you’ll add to the brag basket.
|Time to look through your year for the Brag Basket.
Photo (CC) by emdot
Don’t hold back because of that word, “brag.” When you hold back, you hide your good news and accomplishments that might inspire others. Even though I call this the Brag Basket, it’s not really about bragging. It’s about sharing.
What can you do in the Brag Basket?
- introduce yourself
- share some great news from this week
- congratulate a friend
- laugh about something wonderful that you tried that failed
- applaud for each other
Speak up and add yourself or another deserving soul in the comments. It lets you meet each other a bit. Reading each others’ stories brings us a bit closer to being a community.
How does it work? You write a comment on this post. We all cheer, and everyone feels great.
This is not an ad. (I delete the ads.) If you talk more about the people involved than the things, you’ll be fine.
It’s a conversation with friends. So jump in. And remember to cheer for each other.
- The boring and overlooked tool that can make your business life much easier - November 24, 2014
- Holiday shopping campaigns besides “Shop Small” - November 17, 2014
- How small towns can do Shop Small Saturday - November 10, 2014
- Brag Basket provides the warmth of community - November 7, 2014
- Use social lists to connect local businesses - November 4, 2014
- Please use the Halloween Brag Basket - October 31, 2014
- Any small town could do spooky storytelling - October 28, 2014
- Good news casts a long shadow in the Brag Basket - October 24, 2014
- Customers are switching to small retailers - October 20, 2014
- Why big box stores are getting smaller and what that means to small towns - October 13, 2014