GrandBob (of GrandBob’s Garden) stopped by with this comment. It’s too smart to keep to myself. (I added a few edits, but tried not to lose any of GrandBob’s personality.) –Becky
I know of a small town locally with only 300 people. Main street is full of Businesses for sale. They have a library (where a beautiful old bank used to be). A grocery store, A lawyer. No gas station except for a Coin Operated Gas Pump among the nearby library. I wandered.
Why doesn’t some people get to-get-her and get a 2 story large brick building and lease out store spaces like a flea-market only more upscale. Share the rent, Utilities, etc. The “City” could allow the building to be Tax Free for 5 years. If it succeeds than that also becomes shared. No one is ever going to buy or rent 90% of the small Main Street Stores. Too risky as the town is now. If a Walmart can succeed near a small town rural area, why couldn’t this.
In this one old Brick building here is some of the Possibilities for little stores:
|A brick building in a small town, full of possibilities.|
- A Bakery,
- A Laundromat,
- A Computer Repair/Used/New business,
- A boutique,
- Hair Salon,
- Barber Shop,
- A grocery store,
- Candy Shop.
- News Sheet or even a Small Newspaper by Computer etc.
- Rural business idea: Rent chicks for Easter - February 19, 2018
- What hours should a retail store be open in a small town? - February 12, 2018
- Want more young families to shop downtown? Consider family parking - February 5, 2018
- How independent retailers can trick Alexa, Siri, and Google Home to capture orders from local customers - January 29, 2018
- Who are the next 5 people who will hire you? - January 22, 2018
- 2017 was the retail apocalypse. What does the future of retail hold for small town stores? - January 15, 2018
- New after-conference rule: the 2-to-1 rule - January 8, 2018
- For better planning, assess your strengths - January 1, 2018
- The end of year checklist for small businesses - December 26, 2017
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2017: What Small Town People See as Their Biggest Challenges and What Topics They Most Want Help With - December 18, 2017