Pam Slim is well known as the author of Escape From Cubicle Nation, both the blog and the book. We’ve followed each other’s work for years, and we share a passion for helping people prosper in their own business.
|Hey! We finally met in person!
Becky McCray and Pam Slim at SXSW 2011.
Pam interviewed me about Small Town Rules, and I wanted to share it with you. We talked about:
- Common misconceptions people have about small, local businesses
- How the whole world is more like a small town now
- What large corporations can learn about branding from small business
- The formula for instant social media success (Pam said it that way – it’s just a different way of thinking that you’ll recognize.)
Pam wrote of our book, “It is a fascinating resource with genuinely new insights for everyone in business.” That is high praise indeed! If you’d like to learn more, here’s a sample from Small Town Rules (PDF).
- The big flaw in rural business counts - June 26, 2017
- The rural contradiction: “There aren’t any good jobs!” vs. “We can’t find good people!” - June 19, 2017
- Can rural communities retain young people? Are rural Millennials different from urban Millennials? - June 12, 2017
- How do I attract good employees for low-level jobs? - June 5, 2017
- Retail’s big split: why big boxes are in trouble and what small town retailers can do - May 22, 2017
- Surprising results in the Survey of Rural Challenges 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Where to find local entrepreneurs online - May 8, 2017
- Where do you find potential entrepreneurs? - May 1, 2017
- How can a municipality support entrepreneurship? - April 24, 2017
- Small town retail trend: shared spaces - April 10, 2017