Pam Slim is well known as the author of Escape From Cubicle Nation, both the blog and the book. We’ve followed each other’s work for years, and we share a passion for helping people prosper in their own business.
|Hey! We finally met in person!
Becky McCray and Pam Slim at SXSW 2011.
Pam interviewed me about Small Town Rules, and I wanted to share it with you. We talked about:
- Common misconceptions people have about small, local businesses
- How the whole world is more like a small town now
- What large corporations can learn about branding from small business
- The formula for instant social media success (Pam said it that way – it’s just a different way of thinking that you’ll recognize.)
Pam wrote of our book, “It is a fascinating resource with genuinely new insights for everyone in business.” That is high praise indeed! If you’d like to learn more, here’s a sample from Small Town Rules (PDF).
- A blue Brag Basket - March 24, 2017
- Tiny businesses in storage sheds: a rural economic development tool - March 19, 2017
- Your secret advertising tool: empty buildings downtown as billboards - March 13, 2017
- What businesses work in towns under 500 - March 6, 2017
- Rural business idea: renting wilderness offices - February 27, 2017
- How to start a big business in a small town, when the big dream seems out of reach - February 13, 2017
- My trends reports and more guest articles on other sites - January 23, 2017
- Innovative Rural Business Models spread opportunity in small towns - January 9, 2017
- When Google Maps has your small business listed in the wrong place - January 2, 2017
- Don’t wait until retirement to feature your people - December 26, 2016