Pam Slim is well known as the author of Escape From Cubicle Nation, both the blog and the book. We’ve followed each other’s work for years, and we share a passion for helping people prosper in their own business.
|Hey! We finally met in person!
Becky McCray and Pam Slim at SXSW 2011.
Pam interviewed me about Small Town Rules, and I wanted to share it with you. We talked about:
- Common misconceptions people have about small, local businesses
- How the whole world is more like a small town now
- What large corporations can learn about branding from small business
- The formula for instant social media success (Pam said it that way – it’s just a different way of thinking that you’ll recognize.)
Pam wrote of our book, “It is a fascinating resource with genuinely new insights for everyone in business.” That is high praise indeed! If you’d like to learn more, here’s a sample from Small Town Rules (PDF).
- Are conferences and events worth your time and money? Here’s how to make sure - April 23, 2018
- Six big themes for small town entrepreneurship - April 16, 2018
- Check this list? Did I get your topic on there? - April 9, 2018
- If you help your customers to create a plan, don’t leave out this essential item - April 2, 2018
- Small town secrets to surviving lean times - March 26, 2018
- These small town neighbors bought vacant buildings, brought them up to code. Here’s what happened next - March 12, 2018
- The giant checklist of social media marketing basics for small town business - March 5, 2018
- Tourism idea: host a rural retreat after a big conference in the big city - February 26, 2018
- Rural business idea: Rent chicks for Easter - February 19, 2018
- What hours should a retail store be open in a small town? - February 12, 2018