If you loved the Micropolitan Manifesto: How to Radically Revitalize America as much as I did, you’ll want to meet author Katie McCaskey. That’s why I wanted to interview her.
Katie and I talked about a lot of small town issues:
- Moving away and moving home
- Walkability in small towns
- Hobby businesses that become more than a hobby
- The coolest small town grocery store anywhere (beer garden??)
- What makes a micropolitan cool?
- What are our small town strengths?
- Rebounders coming back to small towns
The Story from American Public Media also interviewed Katie today. You can hear her starting at about 31 minutes in this story: Parent Teacher Conferences in the Grocery Aisle.
- Rural business idea: Rent chicks for Easter - February 19, 2018
- What hours should a retail store be open in a small town? - February 12, 2018
- Want more young families to shop downtown? Consider family parking - February 5, 2018
- How independent retailers can trick Alexa, Siri, and Google Home to capture orders from local customers - January 29, 2018
- Who are the next 5 people who will hire you? - January 22, 2018
- 2017 was the retail apocalypse. What does the future of retail hold for small town stores? - January 15, 2018
- New after-conference rule: the 2-to-1 rule - January 8, 2018
- For better planning, assess your strengths - January 1, 2018
- The end of year checklist for small businesses - December 26, 2017
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2017: What Small Town People See as Their Biggest Challenges and What Topics They Most Want Help With - December 18, 2017