If you loved the Micropolitan Manifesto: How to Radically Revitalize America as much as I did, you’ll want to meet author Katie McCaskey. That’s why I wanted to interview her.
Katie and I talked about a lot of small town issues:
- Moving away and moving home
- Walkability in small towns
- Hobby businesses that become more than a hobby
- The coolest small town grocery store anywhere (beer garden??)
- What makes a micropolitan cool?
- What are our small town strengths?
- Rebounders coming back to small towns
The Story from American Public Media also interviewed Katie today. You can hear her starting at about 31 minutes in this story: Parent Teacher Conferences in the Grocery Aisle.
- How I found my mission in three kinda-easy steps - August 26, 2014
- Recruiting new residents: help them find out they’ll love your town - August 19, 2014
- Should I charge by the hour or by the project? - August 18, 2014
- Finding Mona’s Market, a small town business picture-story - August 12, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #7: Benefiting the Local Community - August 4, 2014
- Redesign your downtown without breaking the budget - July 29, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #6: Innovative - July 28, 2014
- Brag Basket is for sharing good news - July 25, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #5: More knowledgeable - July 21, 2014
- Brag Basket for July 18 - July 18, 2014