If you loved the Micropolitan Manifesto: How to Radically Revitalize America as much as I did, you’ll want to meet author Katie McCaskey. That’s why I wanted to interview her.
Katie and I talked about a lot of small town issues:
- Moving away and moving home
- Walkability in small towns
- Hobby businesses that become more than a hobby
- The coolest small town grocery store anywhere (beer garden??)
- What makes a micropolitan cool?
- What are our small town strengths?
- Rebounders coming back to small towns
The Story from American Public Media also interviewed Katie today. You can hear her starting at about 31 minutes in this story: Parent Teacher Conferences in the Grocery Aisle.
- Truck your good news over to the Brag Basket - March 3, 2015
- How do you say no to donation requests? - March 2, 2015
- Your weekly appointment with your business - February 23, 2015
- Help for small towns with no streetlights - February 17, 2015
- How Randolph, Nebraska, turned a dilapidated property into a new spec house - February 16, 2015
- How do you stop extending credit and still keep your customers? - February 9, 2015
- Talk about the problems. Sell the results. Teach the basics. - February 2, 2015
- 19 things you can do with a building that has no roof - January 19, 2015
- How to cut down on the nasty surprises in business - January 12, 2015
- The problem with statewide meetings that ignore rural - January 5, 2015