If you loved the Micropolitan Manifesto: How to Radically Revitalize America as much as I did, you’ll want to meet author Katie McCaskey. That’s why I wanted to interview her.
Katie and I talked about a lot of small town issues:
- Moving away and moving home
- Walkability in small towns
- Hobby businesses that become more than a hobby
- The coolest small town grocery store anywhere (beer garden??)
- What makes a micropolitan cool?
- What are our small town strengths?
- Rebounders coming back to small towns
The Story from American Public Media also interviewed Katie today. You can hear her starting at about 31 minutes in this story: Parent Teacher Conferences in the Grocery Aisle.
- The boring and overlooked tool that can make your business life much easier - November 24, 2014
- Holiday shopping campaigns besides “Shop Small” - November 17, 2014
- How small towns can do Shop Small Saturday - November 10, 2014
- Brag Basket provides the warmth of community - November 7, 2014
- Use social lists to connect local businesses - November 4, 2014
- Please use the Halloween Brag Basket - October 31, 2014
- Any small town could do spooky storytelling - October 28, 2014
- Good news casts a long shadow in the Brag Basket - October 24, 2014
- Customers are switching to small retailers - October 20, 2014
- Why big box stores are getting smaller and what that means to small towns - October 13, 2014