If you loved the Micropolitan Manifesto: How to Radically Revitalize America as much as I did, you’ll want to meet author Katie McCaskey. That’s why I wanted to interview her.
Katie and I talked about a lot of small town issues:
- Moving away and moving home
- Walkability in small towns
- Hobby businesses that become more than a hobby
- The coolest small town grocery store anywhere (beer garden??)
- What makes a micropolitan cool?
- What are our small town strengths?
- Rebounders coming back to small towns
The Story from American Public Media also interviewed Katie today. You can hear her starting at about 31 minutes in this story: Parent Teacher Conferences in the Grocery Aisle.
- No, really, my business needs a new sign - July 25, 2016
- Small town business secrets for coping with limited suppliers - July 5, 2016
- 4 Reasons for small towns to setup downtown wifi areas - June 27, 2016
- Business isn’t problems, business is change - June 20, 2016
- The assumptions you start with - May 16, 2016
- Who will buy the business when the owners retire? - May 9, 2016
- What small town stores can do on slow days - May 2, 2016
- Beauty Salons as Business Incubators - April 25, 2016
- I love everything about business fairs except where they are held - April 18, 2016
- Collisions, Serendipity and the Hybrid Vigor of Ideas - April 11, 2016