If you loved the Micropolitan Manifesto: How to Radically Revitalize America as much as I did, you’ll want to meet author Katie McCaskey. That’s why I wanted to interview her.
Katie and I talked about a lot of small town issues:
- Moving away and moving home
- Walkability in small towns
- Hobby businesses that become more than a hobby
- The coolest small town grocery store anywhere (beer garden??)
- What makes a micropolitan cool?
- What are our small town strengths?
- Rebounders coming back to small towns
The Story from American Public Media also interviewed Katie today. You can hear her starting at about 31 minutes in this story: Parent Teacher Conferences in the Grocery Aisle.
- Brag Basket is for sharing good news - July 25, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #5: More knowledgeable - July 21, 2014
- Brag Basket for July 18 - July 18, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #4: More flexible - July 14, 2014
- In the Brag Basket, success tastes sweet - July 11, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #3: Fewer Layers - July 7, 2014
- Brag Basket on July 4 means celebration - July 4, 2014
- Why rural is key to developing Unmanned Aerial Systems - July 2, 2014
- Does touring empty buildings lead to new businesses? - July 1, 2014
- 7 Strengths of Small Town Businesses #2. Make Customers Feel Loved - June 30, 2014