If you loved the Micropolitan Manifesto: How to Radically Revitalize America as much as I did, you’ll want to meet author Katie McCaskey. That’s why I wanted to interview her.
Katie and I talked about a lot of small town issues:
- Moving away and moving home
- Walkability in small towns
- Hobby businesses that become more than a hobby
- The coolest small town grocery store anywhere (beer garden??)
- What makes a micropolitan cool?
- What are our small town strengths?
- Rebounders coming back to small towns
The Story from American Public Media also interviewed Katie today. You can hear her starting at about 31 minutes in this story: Parent Teacher Conferences in the Grocery Aisle.
- 10 Ways to use an iPad or Android tablet in retail - March 23, 2015
- Ag plays a key role in rural prosperity - March 18, 2015
- How to promote special events in a small town - March 16, 2015
- How do you get local businesses to join the chamber or business association? - March 11, 2015
- 10 Ideas to make your Grand Opening more than just a sale - March 9, 2015
- Truck your good news over to the Brag Basket - March 3, 2015
- How do you say no to donation requests? - March 2, 2015
- Your weekly appointment with your business - February 23, 2015
- Help for small towns with no streetlights - February 17, 2015
- How Randolph, Nebraska, turned a dilapidated property into a new spec house - February 16, 2015