If you loved the Micropolitan Manifesto: How to Radically Revitalize America as much as I did, you’ll want to meet author Katie McCaskey. That’s why I wanted to interview her.
Katie and I talked about a lot of small town issues:
- Moving away and moving home
- Walkability in small towns
- Hobby businesses that become more than a hobby
- The coolest small town grocery store anywhere (beer garden??)
- What makes a micropolitan cool?
- What are our small town strengths?
- Rebounders coming back to small towns
The Story from American Public Media also interviewed Katie today. You can hear her starting at about 31 minutes in this story: Parent Teacher Conferences in the Grocery Aisle.
- What restaurant franchises and chains work in small towns? - October 17, 2016
- Your customers want you to change the world - October 10, 2016
- Making evening hours profitable for small town retail stores - September 26, 2016
- Getting past the quote stage - September 19, 2016
- How to attract location-independent workers to small towns - September 12, 2016
- Catching the tourists before they head out for the day - September 6, 2016
- The small towns that survive will be the ones that are open to new ideas - August 29, 2016
- The secret to rural jobs creation: connections - August 22, 2016
- The beliefs I start with - August 15, 2016
- Warning: Are you breaking the law by gathering email addresses? - August 8, 2016