If you loved the Micropolitan Manifesto: How to Radically Revitalize America as much as I did, you’ll want to meet author Katie McCaskey. That’s why I wanted to interview her.
Katie and I talked about a lot of small town issues:
- Moving away and moving home
- Walkability in small towns
- Hobby businesses that become more than a hobby
- The coolest small town grocery store anywhere (beer garden??)
- What makes a micropolitan cool?
- What are our small town strengths?
- Rebounders coming back to small towns
The Story from American Public Media also interviewed Katie today. You can hear her starting at about 31 minutes in this story: Parent Teacher Conferences in the Grocery Aisle.
- The small towns that survive will be the ones that are open to new ideas - August 29, 2016
- The secret to rural jobs creation: connections - August 22, 2016
- The beliefs I start with - August 15, 2016
- Warning: Are you breaking the law by gathering email addresses? - August 8, 2016
- How do you get merchants to work together? - August 1, 2016
- No, really, my business needs a new sign - July 25, 2016
- Small town business secrets for coping with limited suppliers - July 5, 2016
- 4 Reasons for small towns to setup downtown wifi areas - June 27, 2016
- Business isn’t problems, business is change - June 20, 2016
- The assumptions you start with - May 16, 2016