If you loved the Micropolitan Manifesto: How to Radically Revitalize America as much as I did, you’ll want to meet author Katie McCaskey. That’s why I wanted to interview her.
Katie and I talked about a lot of small town issues:
- Moving away and moving home
- Walkability in small towns
- Hobby businesses that become more than a hobby
- The coolest small town grocery store anywhere (beer garden??)
- What makes a micropolitan cool?
- What are our small town strengths?
- Rebounders coming back to small towns
The Story from American Public Media also interviewed Katie today. You can hear her starting at about 31 minutes in this story: Parent Teacher Conferences in the Grocery Aisle.
- Tasty good news in the Brag Basket - August 21, 2015
- Small town, big company: Jiffy Mix - August 17, 2015
- What to do when festivals and events block your store - August 10, 2015
- Plan for zero - July 27, 2015
- 2 online resources for starting your business - July 20, 2015
- Don’t judge rural business trends without including non-employers - July 13, 2015
- Half-year’s resolution: get finances under control - July 6, 2015
- The customer came back, but the owner missed the point - June 29, 2015
- Why your small town needs co-working - June 22, 2015
- Podcasting basics - June 15, 2015