|Business listing sites are like the
yellow pages: lots of choices,
and always changing.
My friend Allison Aldrige-Saur asked for a list of online places to register a business. She had Yelp, Google Places and several others, but was not finding a list.
Here’s why there is no list: it changes all the time. Business listing sites come and go.
This list is over 1 yr old, but gives you a place to start: 10 Websites for Local SEO
As you find new sites to consider, here is how to evaluate those sites. You’ll find a four step process here: SEO Rankings Report. You can use that process to check which sites are most influential in your local market.
- The rural contradiction: “There aren’t any good jobs!” vs. “We can’t find good people!” - June 19, 2017
- Can rural communities retain young people? Are rural Millennials different from urban Millennials? - June 12, 2017
- How do I attract good employees for low-level jobs? - June 5, 2017
- Retail’s big split: why big boxes are in trouble and what small town retailers can do - May 22, 2017
- Surprising results in the Survey of Rural Challenges 2017 - May 15, 2017
- Where to find local entrepreneurs online - May 8, 2017
- Where do you find potential entrepreneurs? - May 1, 2017
- How can a municipality support entrepreneurship? - April 24, 2017
- Small town retail trend: shared spaces - April 10, 2017
- A blue Brag Basket - March 24, 2017