Speakers from 17 states are converging on Kansas September 20, 2011, for a conversation about how high tech thrives outside Silicon Valley and all the usual big cities.
This is not just a Kansas event. It’s not a local 140. It’s an international event that happens to be held in Kansas.
And it’s the only international “high tech” event to talk small towns and go to a small town to do it.
What makes the 140 Conference special?
When people from different backgrounds get together, they can share ideas across boundaries. Here are a few of our confirmed speakers for this year:
- Cheryl Lawson will tell how the LA 140conference lead her to create Social Media Tulsa.
- Sheila Scarborough will share how a city kid like her got sucked in by rural friends on Twitter.
- Janice Pearson will tell how a non-farm girl became known as an expert on cotton.
- Leslie McLellan will tell how she used soical media to market a small California tourism destination.
- Patsy Terrell will talk about how creative types fare in small towns.
- Ron Williams will come from Brooklyn to talk about trusting in ourselves. Yes, Brooklyn!
By the time this comes out, the SmallTown 140 Conference schedule should be posted online.
- Student passes are only $14
- Adults can use “friendof140” for a serious discount
- How to start a big business in a small town, when the big dream seems out of reach - February 13, 2017
- My trends reports and more guest articles on other sites - January 23, 2017
- Innovative Rural Business Models spread opportunity in small towns - January 9, 2017
- When Google Maps has your small business listed in the wrong place - January 2, 2017
- Don’t wait until retirement to feature your people - December 26, 2016
- Sometimes all you have is the dirt under your feet - December 19, 2016
- Hygge: A cozy small town tourism trend - December 12, 2016
- RuralOmniLocal: Why local businesses resist selling online - November 29, 2016
- Resources for Service Businesses - November 28, 2016
- RuralOmniLocal: Selling virtual products in a bricks-and-mortar store - November 21, 2016