With small business lending incredibly tight, more innovative alternatives to financing are coming up. This one has a big string attached: a complete change in how you manage your business.
Springfield Remanufacturing Company is a small city success, based in Springfield, Missouri. They got famous for using completely open book management, calling it the great game of business. Every worker is also an owner of the business, and all that financial training paid off as workers were able to build up and hive off their own divisions as separate firms.
And that brings us to the alternative financing. When the workers understand every financial detail of the business, they can even decide to loan the company money, when acute need arises. That’s what happened for one Springfield firm trained in business by SRC’s method.
Read and watch the whole story at PBS: SRC Manufacturer Goes Small in Era of “Too Big to Fail.“
- How to convince a building owner to host a pop-up - November 20, 2017
- Downtown After 5 idea: Dinner and a Movie - November 13, 2017
- Like a home office, but with wheels - November 6, 2017
- Want more local retail businesses? Here’s what Elk City does - October 30, 2017
- Free concerts draw big crowds, but no one shops local stores - October 23, 2017
- What small businesses can do with Facebook Live and other streaming video - October 16, 2017
- Build your business with mini-events - October 9, 2017
- Don’t call it a failure just because it stopped - October 3, 2017
- Is this my business, or just a distraction? - September 25, 2017
- What to do after entrepreneurship class - September 18, 2017