With small business lending incredibly tight, more innovative alternatives to financing are coming up. This one has a big string attached: a complete change in how you manage your business.
Springfield Remanufacturing Company is a small city success, based in Springfield, Missouri. They got famous for using completely open book management, calling it the great game of business. Every worker is also an owner of the business, and all that financial training paid off as workers were able to build up and hive off their own divisions as separate firms.
And that brings us to the alternative financing. When the workers understand every financial detail of the business, they can even decide to loan the company money, when acute need arises. That’s what happened for one Springfield firm trained in business by SRC’s method.
Read and watch the whole story at PBS: SRC Manufacturer Goes Small in Era of “Too Big to Fail.“
- Are conferences and events worth your time and money? Here’s how to make sure - April 23, 2018
- Six big themes for small town entrepreneurship - April 16, 2018
- Check this list? Did I get your topic on there? - April 9, 2018
- If you help your customers to create a plan, don’t leave out this essential item - April 2, 2018
- Small town secrets to surviving lean times - March 26, 2018
- These small town neighbors bought vacant buildings, brought them up to code. Here’s what happened next - March 12, 2018
- The giant checklist of social media marketing basics for small town business - March 5, 2018
- Tourism idea: host a rural retreat after a big conference in the big city - February 26, 2018
- Rural business idea: Rent chicks for Easter - February 19, 2018
- What hours should a retail store be open in a small town? - February 12, 2018