If you can sew, there is demand for alterations. As hand crafts of all sorts make a come-back, this is one opportunity you might not have thought of.
My local sew-er just told me she is swamped with business, always. People bring all sorts of clothing needing a hem, or sleeves shortened, or holes patched, to the dry cleaners. The cleaners hand the jobs over to her. She does no marketing, and has more demand than she can handle, from a town of 5000 people.
- Survey says: Shopping at small businesses makes people feel good - December 10, 2014
- The boring and overlooked tool that can make your business life much easier - November 24, 2014
- Holiday shopping campaigns besides “Shop Small” - November 17, 2014
- How small towns can do Shop Small Saturday - November 10, 2014
- Use social lists to connect local businesses - November 4, 2014
- Any small town could do spooky storytelling - October 28, 2014
- Customers are switching to small retailers - October 20, 2014
- Why big box stores are getting smaller and what that means to small towns - October 13, 2014
- A great shop local tagline - October 8, 2014
- 5 ways to get your business ready for the holidays, especially if you’re not a retail store - September 29, 2014