If you can sew, there is demand for alterations. As hand crafts of all sorts make a come-back, this is one opportunity you might not have thought of.
My local sew-er just told me she is swamped with business, always. People bring all sorts of clothing needing a hem, or sleeves shortened, or holes patched, to the dry cleaners. The cleaners hand the jobs over to her. She does no marketing, and has more demand than she can handle, from a town of 5000 people.
- How to find out where your tourists come from - February 1, 2016
- To-do lists are overwhelming and depressing. 1 trick to fix that. - January 25, 2016
- Sorry I didn’t read your “rural is dying” article - January 19, 2016
- People appreciate the opportunity to pay more - January 18, 2016
- Small Biz Survival turns 10 - January 15, 2016
- How to get small town businesses to cooperate - January 4, 2016
- Holiday marketing 12: Thank your customers - December 28, 2015
- Holiday marketing 11: Share your family traditions - December 21, 2015
- What do you need to know to run a rural grocery store? - December 15, 2015
- Holiday Marketing 10: Introduce your people - December 14, 2015