If you can sew, there is demand for alterations. As hand crafts of all sorts make a come-back, this is one opportunity you might not have thought of.
My local sew-er just told me she is swamped with business, always. People bring all sorts of clothing needing a hem, or sleeves shortened, or holes patched, to the dry cleaners. The cleaners hand the jobs over to her. She does no marketing, and has more demand than she can handle, from a town of 5000 people.
- The customer came back, but the owner missed the point - June 29, 2015
- Why your small town needs co-working - June 22, 2015
- Podcasting basics - June 15, 2015
- Shop your good news in the Brag Basket - June 12, 2015
- Helping artists market their work - June 8, 2015
- You don’t need much to make something good in the Brag Basket - June 5, 2015
- Can you save a small town? - June 2, 2015
- The first step to save a town - June 1, 2015
- Donna Maria on wholesaling your products - May 26, 2015
- Bike Racks as art - May 4, 2015