If you can sew, there is demand for alterations. As hand crafts of all sorts make a come-back, this is one opportunity you might not have thought of.
My local sew-er just told me she is swamped with business, always. People bring all sorts of clothing needing a hem, or sleeves shortened, or holes patched, to the dry cleaners. The cleaners hand the jobs over to her. She does no marketing, and has more demand than she can handle, from a town of 5000 people.
- Plan for zero - July 27, 2015
- 2 online resources for starting your business - July 20, 2015
- Don’t judge rural business trends without including non-employers - July 13, 2015
- Half-year’s resolution: get finances under control - July 6, 2015
- The customer came back, but the owner missed the point - June 29, 2015
- Why your small town needs co-working - June 22, 2015
- Podcasting basics - June 15, 2015
- Shop your good news in the Brag Basket - June 12, 2015
- Helping artists market their work - June 8, 2015
- You don’t need much to make something good in the Brag Basket - June 5, 2015