[Earl, one of our readers, left this as a comment on an older post. I think it’s a good discussion starter, so I brought it here as a post. Becky]
SERVE THE UNDERSERVED” and watch the sales roll in!
By Earl L. Sigmund CPA
I guess that I never looked at target marketing this way before. Instead of taking your product or service and trying to find a target market to buy your product or service, we should first do research on what group of people is underserved and then DEVELOP something that this group wants to buy. Seems like a no-brainer to me. This is what ESPN did, 24 hour headline news did, even McDonald’s did.
Just what do entrepreneurs want now that they don’t have? What do stressed-out families want now that they don’t have?
Maybe this sort of thinking will help entrepreneurs figure out why their marketing efforts fail. Research and analysis of the marketplace are key. Let’s take the time to do our homework instead of just jumping in and forcing our own services and products down everyone’s throats.
What under-served markets do you see around your town?
- What small businesses can do with Facebook Live and other streaming video - October 16, 2017
- Build your business with mini-events - October 9, 2017
- Don’t call it a failure just because it stopped - October 3, 2017
- Is this my business, or just a distraction? - September 25, 2017
- What to do after entrepreneurship class - September 18, 2017
- Business Idea: A new use for old church buildings: camping and lodging - September 11, 2017
- Where to find photos online that you can use for your business - September 4, 2017
- The marketing genius behind Nacho Business - August 28, 2017
- Who will run small town businesses when the owners retire? One unusual option you may not have considered - August 21, 2017
- So what if they said it’s illegal? Doing business when it’s against the rules - August 14, 2017