One frustration at Small Biz Survival is hearing that you had trouble commenting. I want to share a few tips that can solve or at least work around some of those problems.
Red error message: “Your request could not be processed. Please try again.”
- This problem seems to be especially common on iPad. Click “Post Comment” again immediately. It almost always goes through the second time.
- For some reason, Mac users with Firefox are more likely to have a problem commenting. I hear that using Safari sometimes works better. I’m sorry about this problem with our commenting software.
- Our commenting software uses a third party cookie. Setting your browser to allow third party cookies seems to clear up many comment problems. Not everyone is comfortable with accepting third party cookies, so use your own judgment.
Alternate ways to comment:
If none of that worked, or you just want to reach us a different way, try one of these.
- Send me your comment via email, and I will happily post it. email@example.com
- Post on our Small Biz Survival Facebook page. All our posts here appear as notes in Facebook.
- Comment on my FriendFeed or Buzz. All Small Biz Survival articles also appear in my BeckyMcCray FriendFeed and my Google Buzz.
- Tweet me your comment to @beckymccray or @sbsurvival.
If you’re having problems commenting, please email me personally: firstname.lastname@example.org.
And if you’ve found a trick that works to solve a commenting problem, please share it in the comments here! Thanks.
- How to find out where your tourists come from - February 1, 2016
- To-do lists are overwhelming and depressing. 1 trick to fix that. - January 25, 2016
- Sorry I didn’t read your “rural is dying” article - January 19, 2016
- People appreciate the opportunity to pay more - January 18, 2016
- Small Biz Survival turns 10 - January 15, 2016
- How to get small town businesses to cooperate - January 4, 2016
- Holiday marketing 12: Thank your customers - December 28, 2015
- Holiday marketing 11: Share your family traditions - December 21, 2015
- What do you need to know to run a rural grocery store? - December 15, 2015
- Holiday Marketing 10: Introduce your people - December 14, 2015