Shop local and buy local campaigns can significantly impact your hometown economy, but the instructions available online assume you are a big city. That’s why I decided to create a step by step guide to starting a shop local campaign in a small town, as a downloadable e-book.
It includes solid research that shows whether buy local campaigns actually work. If you have to convince others to back your project, this could make your job easier.
Next it goes through six steps to building a truly effective campaign:
- Get some help
- Pick a theme
- Promote your most powerful benefits
- Create just the right promotional materials
- Kick off with events and media coverage
- Measure success
Each step is focused on the actions that work the best for small town volunteer efforts. The seventh step shows you 4 ways to multiply the effect of your campaign and get more out of your efforts.
As a bonus, I included a list of reasons to shop local that you can use in your town, and I linked you to two of the best lists available online.
“I would encourage all small town chambers of commerce or merchant associations to order this guide. It will point you in the right direction to making buy local work in your small town!”
Jack Schultz, Author of BoomtownUSA
Version 2.0 is ready! See it at Shop Local Campaigns for Small Towns.
- The customer came back, but the owner missed the point - June 29, 2015
- Why your small town needs co-working - June 22, 2015
- Podcasting basics - June 15, 2015
- Shop your good news in the Brag Basket - June 12, 2015
- Helping artists market their work - June 8, 2015
- You don’t need much to make something good in the Brag Basket - June 5, 2015
- Can you save a small town? - June 2, 2015
- The first step to save a town - June 1, 2015
- Donna Maria on wholesaling your products - May 26, 2015
- Bike Racks as art - May 4, 2015