When I saw what an exciting thing the Third Thursday downtown in Hutchinson, Kansas, was, I grabbed my cell phone, and Jim Seitnater, the Downtown Development Director for Hutchinson, and did a quick interview.
I admit, the quality of my cell phone video is awful, but the content is terrific, so there is a summary below the video.
Summary of Jim’s comments:
Third Thursday is a great evening of art, music, food, fun, shopping. It’s a time when the community comes out, and sees some of the new improvements and some of the new businesses and people downtown.
It’s the brain child of last year’s art walk that was going to be just once a year. One of Hutchinson’s new residents, a local artist named Jennifer Randall, said we can’t just do it once a year. She was committed to make it work, month in and month out. She saw the possibility of it being a great evening. People get a chance to show off their businesses. People can come down have some fun and enjoy Downtown Hutchinson.
Caught on the #Hutch blogger tour.
- What small businesses can do with Facebook Live and other streaming video - October 16, 2017
- Build your business with mini-events - October 9, 2017
- Don’t call it a failure just because it stopped - October 3, 2017
- Is this my business, or just a distraction? - September 25, 2017
- What to do after entrepreneurship class - September 18, 2017
- Business Idea: A new use for old church buildings: camping and lodging - September 11, 2017
- Where to find photos online that you can use for your business - September 4, 2017
- The marketing genius behind Nacho Business - August 28, 2017
- Who will run small town businesses when the owners retire? One unusual option you may not have considered - August 21, 2017
- So what if they said it’s illegal? Doing business when it’s against the rules - August 14, 2017